Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anticipation



In our family, we measure travel and family expectations in ‘sleeps.’  Today is 3 sleeps until the wonderful event I have been planning for almost a year becomes a reality. On that day, all my little notes and scribbles, printouts, maps, calendars and tour books will be packed away and all the planning and preparing will be done. Dad and Alice will already be in Germany and Jim and I will be dancing ourselves to the airport full of giggles and butterflies.

It is oddly bittersweet to me when the planning phase comes to an end and the actual event arrives. I get so much pleasure out of exploring, researching and discovering things to do that when it comes time to actually go, I know the time will now begin to fly quickly by and the savoring will be difficult.

So, I'm hoping that this blog will slow it all down and allow all of us to share in this adventure of celebrating 50 and 80 years of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment